I hope that everyone is having a great weekend!
I am a true foodie! I love exploring foods and trying new things. So… as you all have requested, I am posting my first at home, go-to meal. For all of my Mexican-food lovers, this is a step away from true Mexican food but close enough to say Mexican with a southern touch. I call it “Southern-Mexican” taco salad.
I don’t eat pork, so my go-to protein is usually chicken, turkey or seafood. However… I cannot eat nachos or tacos without beef! With this dish, you can use any source of protein (ground chicken or shredded chicken, tofu, black bean crumbles, ground turkey, ect.)
- 2-2.5 pounds of Ground Beef
- (Alternative: Any protein source of your choice)
- 2 packets of Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix per 1 pound of ground beef
- Garden of Eatin’ Cantina Style Blue Chips Corn Tortilla
- (Alternative: Doritos, Plain Tortilla Chips, etc.)
- 1 bag of shredded lettuce
- One 8 oz bag of Kraft Shredded Mexican Style Four Cheese
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 can of pinto beans or black beans
- 1 jar of El Paso taco sauce
- Or sauce of your choice
- 1 container of Gordon’s queso cheese dip (as an extra topping)
- 1 jar of chopped jalapeno (as an extra topping)
- Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain.
- Add one packet seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water per 1 pound of ground beef and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat pinto beans and corn in a separate pot.
- After all items are fully cooked, heat queso dip.
- Layer tortilla, lettuce, meat, shredded cheese, corn, pinto beans, chopped jalapeno, taco sauce and a little queso (if preferred).
- You can use any type of tortilla chips, Doritos or toppings. Let your taste buds explore!